COPYRIGHT All content and photographs are property of Linda Dresselhaus. 2009-2016. Powered by Blogger.

A Vintage Cherub Angel Paint Makeover

I've been working on several quick paint makeover projects lately, 
and today I have another one to share!

Vintage Cherub Angel Paint Makeover

It definitely didn't start out like that.
I recently picked up this 1963 Syroco hard plastic 
golden angel cherub at the thrift store.
I'm sure you have seen them.
It was a nice large size and I knew it could look much better.

Vintage Cherub Angel Paint Makeover

I started with white acrylic craft paint and a foam brush...
dabbing over the piece, gave it texture.

Vintage Cherub Angel Paint Makeover

While the paint was still wet, I added areas of a greige color, and a dark gray...into the shadows...blending until I liked the look.  You really can't mess up,  just go back over with white on any areas you aren't happy with and start over.  
Finally I used a mossy green to give it an outdoor aged look.
When dry, I finished it with a satin water based sealer to protect it.

Vintage Cherub Angel Paint Makeover

It has the look of old statuary now.

Vintage Cherub Angel Paint Makeover

Vintage Cherub Angel Paint Makeover

Vintage Cherub Angel Paint Makeover


 I hung it on a chalkboard with a length of vintage dark gray seam binding.
It will be part of my Christmas decor!

Vintage Cherub Angel Paint Makeover

I always love what can be done with paint!

Feel free to pin...

Simple aged stone paint technique


Until next time...

16 comments

  1. Linda, You have made that angel look so much better !!! I love that it looks like a garden statue now. I need to get busy and do that to a couple things I have here. :) Blessings for a great week. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful transformation! Went from 70s gold to old world beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, Linda! You are so good at transformations of old stuff!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a difference! I would never guess it was the same angel! I have some like these - going to try this! Hope your week is lovely. xx K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing what a little bit of paint can do? This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh much better! I love how it looks like aged stone! Great job. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was shocked to see how this piece started out! What a wonderful job you did. Love the result. It will make a beautiful decoration for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks great now. Much better than the original. You did a wonderful job on it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an excellent makeover! You gave that little guy his dignity back.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are seriously talented, Linda!! I would have walked right by that gold angel but you saw the beauty behind the gaudy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's beautiful! You did a lovely job transforming her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a miracle worker!

    I love what you did :)

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love hearing from you and always enjoy reading your comments!